With advancements in the dental world, there are many ways to improve the appearance of your teeth and enhance your smile. Dental bonding is among the procedures that elevate your smile by using composite resin to restore the discolored or damaged tooth. Generally, all it takes is one visit to the dentist to get the smile of your dream. So, how long does dental bonding last? Read this blog to learn how long dental bonding lasts and more!
How Long Will Dental Bonding Last?
On average, dental bonding lasts around 5 to 10 years. However, the dental bonding lifespan might vary based on aftercare, material, and other factors. Your dentist will tell you how to take care of your dental bonding to make it last longer!
What Might Affect How Long Your Dental Bonding Lifespan
After you undergo tooth bonding, a few factors will affect how long it lasts. These factors include the following:
- Location of dental bonding
- Teeth strength and health
- The amount of bonding material used in the treatment
- Composite bonding material
- Teeth grinding, nail-biting, and other habits
- Hard or sticky foods
Signs You Need to Replace the Tooth Bonding
Unfortunately, your dental bonding will not last forever. But the good news is, you can always replace it to renew the look of your smile. You will know when to replace your dental bonding thanks to the following indicators:
- If you have tooth bonding on the front teeth, it will discolor over time. This makes it appear different from the natural teeth, and the bonding material stands out.
- The bonding material will wear away, especially if it is used to lengthen damaged teeth. If you grind your teeth, the material might start chipping.
- The bonding material wears away over time due to daily wear and tear. Eating, chewing, and other factors tend to affect the composite because it is not as durable as natural teeth.
When you notice these signs, it is best to visit a dentist. They can safely replace your dental bonding, restoring your teeth.
Ways to Make Your Dental Bonding Last Long
The primary way to elongate the lifespan of your dental bonding is with the help of proper oral hygiene! Other than that, you can consult your dentist regarding aftercare. The following instructions might help your dental bonding last longer:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using a gentle approach.
- Make sure you replace your toothbrush four times per year, at the very least.
- Get a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Floss your teeth using the right and proper techniques. You can ask your dental hygienist or dentist for demonstrations on flossing.
- Don’t skip your routine dental checkups and cleanings!
- Cut back on red wine, coffee, and other foods or beverages that might stain your teeth.
Dental bonding is a cosmetic treatment that fixes minor dental concerns such as small gaps, discoloration, and more.
Village Park Family Dental is here to help eliminate your dental concerns. Talk to us at
(281) 376-4444 for more information. You can also give us a visit at 12617 Louetta Rd Suite #204, Cypress, TX 77429.