Did your dentist suggest invisalign for your misaligned teeth?
Invisalign treatment, which makes use of clear aligners, is becoming increasingly popular due to the many benefits they offer. It helps treat orthodontic issues such as misaligned teeth, bite issues, and more. Since it does not use metal brackets, Invisalign is pretty convenient to wear, and it does not compromise the aesthetics of your smile either.
So, how does Invisalign work? In this blog, we will present a detailed discussion on clear aligners, what they are, how they work, their benefits, and the Invisalign process.
What is Invisalign?
Nowadays, orthodontists have newer, much more convenient ways to treat misalignment and bite issues. Invisalign, too, is an orthodontic treatment that involves using customized clear aligners that straighten teeth. While traditional metal braces are still used and are effective, Invisalign was introduced as an alternative that lacks the unpleasant features of metal braces.
How Invisalign Works
The question still remains: how does Invisalign work? Well, to answer, Invisalign works by applying gentle pressure on teeth. This way, the misaligned teeth move into new positions due to the constant force. That’s not all! Invisalign treatment involves a series of transparent braces over time. For each set of aligners, you have to wear them for almost two weeks before you receive the new ones. As your teeth shift, the orthodontist creates personalized aligners to match the shape of your teeth and move them further into the correct positions. In addition, the orthodontist will monitor the progress of your treatment to determine if it is working well.
So, in simple terms, Invisalign works by using controlled force to move different parts of teeth in different parts of treatment. With each set of aligners, only specific teeth can move. If you are eligible for this procedure, it can prove to be quite effective.
Benefits of Using Clear Aligners
Now you know Invisalign works by moving misaligned teeth into the proper position. Here are some benefits of Invisalign that make it stand out:
- Due to their transparent shade, invisalign is completely invisible to others.
- They are customized according to your teeth, which means they do not affect your speech, unlike metal braces.
- Invisalign snuggles onto your teeth and are easily removable, making them convenient to use. You can easily remove them before eating, brushing, and more.
- You can maintain your oral hygiene with clear braces since they are easy to remove.
- Composed of smooth plastic, invisalign is comfortable to use and does not irritate your mouth.
- They are less painful and much more gentle than traditional braces.
- You will have to visit your dental expert every 6 to 8 weeks as a part of your treatment.
- With invisalign you can smile confidently and do not have to worry about ruining the aesthetics of your teeth.
Say Hello to a Straight Smile!
Invisalign is an effective treatment for misaligned teeth as it moves the teeth into a new position by applying gentle pressure. If you qualify for this treatment, it brings a lot of benefits and is a suitable alternative to metal braces.
At Village Park Family Dental, your dental health is our primary focus. Allow us to eliminate all your dental issues by booking an appointment at (281) 376-4444 or visiting us at 12617 Louetta Rd Suite #204 Cypress, TX 77429.